Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A few things I made this week....

This week I actually remembered to take some pics of a few dishes that I made.  On Monday night I made a smoked trout pasta salad for our work lunches.  It was farfalle pasta tossed with a dressing made of light sour cream, some whole milk to thin it out, a little horseradish, salt and pepper.  I tossed in some fresh dill and fresh oregano.  Then 2 cans of smoked trout from Trader Joe's, grape tomatoes and capers.  Oh, yeah, the zest of one lemon and some of the juice.  It turned out great.




This morning I made chai muffins with pistachios.  This was a recipe from Cooking Light magazine.  I made it partly because it sounded good, and partly because I already had everything and could make it first thing in the morning.  They turned out so good - there are actually 2 chai tea bags in the batter.  You top them with the chopped pistachios and make a glaze to go over the top.  I'll make them again for sure - they'd be perfect for the fall, too, with all of the spices and nuts.

1 comment:

  1. those muffins look delicious!! where can I find the recipe?

    ReplyDelete