Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nursery ideas

This will be my first of many posts about the baby's room/nursery.  I hate that word "nursery".  It's like "fiance".  Anyway, I shall get past that.  Our theme is going to be vintage kid's books.  Lots of colors, mostly primary.  We decided this before we found out the sex of our baby, and loved it for either a boy or a girl.  The walls are already painted a nice, soft green (more on the pastel side), but it'll be a good palette.  Julian is going to paint some murals/pictures on the walls - this I cannot wait for!  I was a huge Richard Scarry fan as a kid, and we both love his artwork.  So lots of Richard Scarry on the walls!  We're trying to buy as much used/vintage as possible - so far we bought an old bookcase, a vintage wall shelving unit and we already have an old rocking chair - all to be refinished.  We also have the crib.  That's about it.  Here are my fabric ideas for curtains - there are 2 windows in the main baby room and one in the smaller room that will be the "playroom" or flow-over room.  I plan to have the curtains made by Hubbard's Drapery on Foster - they made our kitchen curtains and did a really fabulous job.  The top one is a Little Golden Book fabric that I plan to use for the 2 windows in the main room.  The lower is of The Saggy Baggy Elephant that will probably go on the one window in the playroom.  Cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment