Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year's!!

I know, you're surprised, no shocked, that we have a blog.  Just a few months ago we didn't even have a home computer.  Just over a year ago we didn't have cell phones.  

This is my (Heidi's) very first post, but more to come!  I'll get pictures up soon, too.  Need to figure out how to do that first.

We rang in the new year with dinner at Lauro (Julian and I), then came back to our place to puzzle like crazy!  We've been so into puzzling lately.   I know, we're wild!  My sister (Emily), brother (Christian) and friend (Matt) joined us.  We started and nearly finished a murder mystery puzzle.  Broke up the madness at midnight with blowing off a cool firework that Em found at her work after last 4th of July. Banged some pots & pans and made a general nuisance of ourselves.  Our neighbors love us.

We'd never done a murder myster puzzle before - it's challenging because there's no picture to refer to.  Once you start puzzling it's hard to stop, we were up until 3am.   Julian and I finished it the next day (very few pieces left by then).  We're going to do a big NY Times Square puzzle next (xmas gift from my Mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment