Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Fighter - movie review

My sister, Em, Julian and I went to Cinemagic the other night to see The Fighter.  I love Cinemagic - it's a local business and it has reasonably priced movies and concessions.  Plus it's near our house and not usually too packed.  So, anyway, we'd been wanting to see this movie - my bro, Christian, really liked it, and my favorite guys (Christian Bale and Marky Mark) are in it!  And I always love these type of underdog type movies (think Rocky - all of them are awesome, except I haven't seen the very last one but bet it's at least pretty good, if not better).

So this movie is based on a true story about two brothers (Dicky, played by Christian Bale) and Micky (played by Marky Mark).  Dicky is a local boxing legend in this small town that must be near Boston (major Boston accents going on).  He's famous for knocking out (or just down, even that is questionable) Sugar Ray Leonard.  He's a has-been at this point (I don't want to give away too much) and is training his younger brother, Micky, who is an aspiring boxer.  The movie revolves around their extensive family relationships as Micky struggles to actually make it.  The family was awesome - so outrageous that they offer a lot of comic relief for a pretty dramatic and intense movie.  I loved this move - see it!!

That was not the only comic relief to be found though.  About the middle of the movie there was a rather quiet, intense and dramatic part, and all of a suddent some person (I have to think a guy!) farted so loud!  We couldn't stop laughing.  I heard the people behind us laughing too, but I think most people were "above" that and tried to pretend they didn't hear it.  But I bet some smelled it if they were close enough.  Near the end, yet another one of the quieter parts of the movie - the guy did it again!  Just as loud.  By then it really kind of broke the intensity and it felt good to laugh.  The person behind us yelled out "I hope you're on a date!". LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment