Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Elsa's baby shower

Today was or good friend's, Hayley and Jamey's, baby shower.  Their little girl, Elsa, is due in just about a month.  Time flies (for those of use that aren't the pregnant ones).  The shower was wonderful, there was a really great turn out and a ton of wonderful gifts.  There were even 3 robot onesies, one of which was from us - doh!  At least they were all different! 

I helped with the shower by making the cake for Hayley and cupcakes for Jamey.  Hayley requested a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.  Jamey's favorite is banana cake, so I made my Aunt Joanne's banana cupcakes with whipped cream frosting.  I got the robot fondant cake topper off Etsy - it helped make the cake look a little less homemade.

The finished cake - Julian helped with the fondant polka dots.

My sister, Emily, helping frost the banana cupcakes.

All set up at Madison's on Hawthorne.

The cake and cupcakes - don't they look professional?

My sisters, Emily (left) and Anne (right) with Amanda (center)

Me and my little devlish guy.

Jamey and Hayley opening gifts.
Amanda put this mustache on Hank, he wants to be just like Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment