Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hitting the Estate Sales

We used to hit the estate sales every weekend for a while. My Mom and I would go, often with various sisters and brothers. We kind of became regulars, and used to really make an effort to get on the list the night before (the order you get to go in). But the lists were so frustrating - often times we'd turn up the next morning and find that the list our names had been on was no where to be found, and another one (without our names) was being used. It was so unorganized, and irritating when you had to go to the back of the line the next morning.
But it actually is pretty worth it - we've all got some pretty cool stuff - lots of vintage stuff, collectibles, books, furniture, etc. And it's always fun, we get coffee/bagels, etc., and make a morning (or longer) of it. Plus you get to go through some really cool old houses.

I hadn't been to an estate sale since before Hank was born. This past Saturday was the first, and Hank came along (and of course he loved them).

Here are some pics I took with my camera phone (which explains the poor quality).  We hit Petite Provence on Division for some food afterwards.
Here's a selection of books for sale at the Estate Sale - you can tell this was a bachelor's house.  There were quite a few "sexy" books.
Here we are at the sale - no line!

The pastry case at Petite Provence.  I'll take one of each....I wish!
The selection goes on, and on....

My sister,  Anne, showing off her yummy dish

I got the crab omlette.

My Mom got poached eggs with hash browns.

Hank, being a good boy at Petite Provence



No comments:

Post a Comment