Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

NoseFrida (aka "The Swedish Snotsucker")....It sucks!

Hank turned 6 months old almost 2 weeks ago!  He was starting to come down with a cold, but I took him in for his 6-month check-up anyway, which includes a lot of shots (including a flu shot).  He got so sick that same night.  He was feverish, really groggy and was breathing really rapidly and shallow.  It was kind of scary.  The next few days sucked - he got such a horrible cold, which I can only imagine the shots made worse.  He was miserable - tired, cranky, horribly stuffy/runny nose and a bad congested cough.  And of course you can't give a baby much to help them out. 

We did discover the Swedish Snotsucker though, which is worth the $17 it cost (we got ours at Posh Baby in the Pearl).  Of course he hates it, but it gets out so much snot!  So much better than the old bulb snot sucker, which he also hates.

Here's the proof - lots o'snot!  And yes, from just one sucking.

Here's what they look like - a medical contraption.

All better!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi! Thanks for visiting my blog, it sounds like we have a lot in common. I checked out your nursery on Rate My Space -- so cute!! I LOVE vintage, and love how you incorporated it in for baby. Where did you find that awesome fabric for the curtains? Loves.

    P.S.: I saw this Swedish snotsucker contraption at BuyBuyBaby the other day and wondered if it actually worked. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete