Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What a weekend!

Last weekend was pretty crazy, but we got so much done, it was awesome.  Last Friday night Julian picked me up right from work and we went and bought a new car.  We'd done lots of research and test drove a few other cars already, so we pretty much had it narrowed down to a new Subaru Forester.  We needed another car since our 1994 Toyota Tercel is on its last legs (rebuilt engine last year and it just blew a fuel injector a few weeks ago).  Plus we really needed a 4 door vehicle with little Hank on the way.  We went to Wentworth Subaru (nice and close in) and got it done.  Didn't get to eat dinner until after 9pm but it was so worth it. 

Saturday morning we went to Target to buy some baby stuff that we still needed (I'll be putting a post dedicated to our awesome baby shower very soon, complete with pics!).  Then we went to our friend's (Owen & Sheila) baby shower in the Couv.  Boy did we get lost.  Julian had the directions not-exactly-right (being nice) so we got to really test out our new car as we tried to find their house (and eventually needed Owen's guidance on the phone).  Their shower was great and little Oliver is so adorable (even cuter because he was asleep the entire time!).  Later we had some of my family over to dinner and I made a baked ziti, steamed broccoli and garlic bread.  Boy was I tired that night! 

Sunday we had an all-day childbirth class at Adventist.  I was glad the weather sucked since we were stuck inside all day.  The class was great - very informative.  But it was a bit overwhelming and scary.  I guess I really do have to get Hank out somehow and it's going to be happening soon!  I'm now just 7 weeks away!  I just have to keep telling myself that my labor will be easier since I've stayed so active (I hope that's true!) and that women do it all the time - so it couldn't be that horrible.  Not only do they do it all the time, they do it multiple times! 

That night we went straight to the new house that we bought to rent to my Mom.  The purchase finally closed last Friday (hence why we ran out and bought a car that very night).  We got the keys Sunday and went to check out the house - the sellers left it in great shape, very clean.  So next up will be to start moving my Mom in.  We'll get the kitchen/dining room/mud room flooring done to replace worn and peeling linoleum hopefully sometime before she's fully moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment