Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

R.I.P. Elizabeth Taylor

I was so sad to hear on the radio this morning that Elizabeth Taylor had passed away, she was 79 years old.  She was notorious for years of health problems, and they finally got the better of her.  She is one of my all time favorite actresses.  One of my favorite movies (with her) is Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.  She was at her peak of perfection here, and certainly personified "Maggie the Cat". 

She was equally notorious for her many (7!) husbands and her insane jewelry collection.  I have her book "Elizabeth Taylor: My Love Affair with Jewelry" and it's so crazy.  Jewels named for her!  She was one of a kind.

She had to be one of the most beautiful people ever, and her acting was just as amazing.  We've truely lost a legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment