Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hazelnut filled snickerdoodle cookies

Tis' baking season!  Today I made a recipe I'd been wanting to try for a while, one I got from the Rachel Ray magazine.  Who doesn't love sandwich cookies?  But they are time-consuming.  These took me several hours, because you have to make the cookies, plus a filling.  And hazelnuts are awesome, but they take forever to get the skins off (and you never get it all off).

My brother, Christian, loves snickerdoodles, and since we were celebrating his birthday tonight (dinner at a great local restaurant called Fonda Rosa) I figured I'd make him some. 

They turned out really good (from what I hear from Christian and Julian, I don't have a big sweet tooth so I haven't had one yet).  Hazelnuts are definitely my favorite nut, so you can't go wrong with these cookies.

You can just never get all the hazelnut skins off. 

Here's the hazelnut filling.  All done in the food processor, just hazelnuts, butter & powdered sugar.  I added some Nutella to make it more creamy (it was grainy from the nuts).

Ready to mix it all up!

Here's the towers o' cookies. 


 

1 comment:

  1. I love taxidermy as well and I like your collection. I have been looking for a baby bear cub for sometime- the two you have are great! Long shot- but any chance you would sell?

    ReplyDelete