Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Baby shower madness!!

A couple of weeks ago my sister (Emily) and I threw a baby shower for my youngest sister, Anne.  Anne is expecting her second baby, Lucas, in a few short weeks.  The shower was a good excuse to try something new....which I shall show you.  I also got to make a fun cake - there are never enough opportunities to do that - good thing we have a little one now, which will give me more excuses to do so.  We also made a ton of really yummy food, had some great wine, fun games and, most importantly, Anne got a lot of very awesome presents.  Until you've had a baby you really underestimate how awesome the gifts are.  Having a baby (even if it's your second, I'm sure) is so expensive!!

Here's the banner that I made for Lucas, which was something that I'd never done before.  I was really proud of how it turned out.  I was inspired by a banner that my friend Lori made for me for my shower.

Here are the cake pics - I made a Chocolate Cake" with Espresso Buttercream.  Any cake that calls for both Crisco and butter has to be good!  And is was seriously good. 



Here's the cake with a Cupie doll that I already had, with chocolate espresso beans lining the cake and chocolate sprinkles around the bottom.










3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Can you tell where the inspiration came from? I absolutely love the banner you made for Hank....I used yours as a model.

      Delete
  2. The whole thing looks awesome! Love the cake, and love that you put together a shower for a second baby!

    ReplyDelete