Welcome to Heidi's blog......Tales of life in Portland with my baby, Hank.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend at the Kenton St. Fair...almost

Last weekend we went to the Kenton St. Fair, or at least we tried.  We went Saturday, but turns out it was Sunday.  So close, yet so far.....Sigh.  At least we avoided the crowds, and still got to have lunch, check out the shops and actually see the Paul Bunyen Statue.  All without any rain (which was not the case Sunday).  I can't believe we have never seen this statue.  We've been on N. Denver so many times and never realized it was right there....across from the Dancing Bare!  Love that name.

Hank, me, my bro Christian, my Mom and Julian

I had to post this pic because (as my Mom pointed out) it looks like I'm groping Julian (which I was not, in case you're wondering).
Later that day, our good friends Monique, Chris and their little one (Adeline aka Lulu) came over for dinner.  We were long overdue for getting together.  We bbq'd some shrimp that I marinated in coconut milk, ginger, garlic, lemon and lime, and had salad and fresh fruit.  Yummy.
Julian and the Ham (aka Hank)

Lulu with Hank...cuties.


1 comment: